- Work Function: Manufacturing
- Minimum Education Qualification Required: Masters Degree
- Work Profile: 5 years Proven Working Experience
- This Employment Opportunity is for the Country:: Nigeria
- City: Lagos
- Employment Sector: Industrial Manufacturing
- How to Apply for the Work?: [email protected]
- Work Location: Badagry Lagos
- Hiring Company: Dixon Consult
- Expires: This ad has expired
Microbiologists undertake laboratory analysis and monitoring of microbial cultures, samples and new drugs using specialist computer software and a range of identification methods and clinical trials.
Microbiologists typically do the following:
• Plan and conduct complex research projects, such as developing new drugs to combat infectious diseases
• Supervise the work of biological technicians and other workers and evaluate the accuracy of their results
• Isolate and maintain cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms for future study
• Identify and classify microorganisms found in specimens collected from humans, water, food, and other sources
• Monitor the effect of microorganisms on plants, animals, and other microorganisms and on the environment
• Keep up with findings from other research groups by reading research reports and attending conferences
• Prepare technical reports, research papers, and recommendations based on their research findings
• Present research findings to scientists, non-scientist executives, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
Communication skills. Microbiologists should be able to effectively communicate their research processes and findings so that knowledge may be applied correctly.
Detail oriented. Microbiologists must be able to conduct scientific experiments and analyses with accuracy and precision.
Interpersonal skills. Microbiologists typically work on research teams and thus must work well with others toward a common goal. Many also lead research teams and must be able to motivate and direct other team members.
Logical-thinking skills. Microbiologists draw conclusions from experimental results through sound reasoning and judgment.
Math skills. Microbiologists regularly use complex mathematical equations and formulas in their work. Therefore, they need a broad understanding of mathematics, including calculus and statistics.
Observation skills. Microbiologists must constantly monitor their experiments. They need to keep a complete, accurate record of their work, noting conditions, procedures, and results.
Perseverance. Microbiological research involves substantial trial and error, and microbiologists must not become discouraged in their work.
Problem-solving skills. Microbiologists use scientific experiments and analysis to find solutions to complex scientific problems.
Minimum of HND/BSc in MicroBiology
Proven Working Experiences
Mode of Application
Qualified Applicant should forward their Cvs and Contact Details to the HR MGT Via career(dot)dixonconsult(at)gmail(dot)com
119 total views, 1 today
Some other Science Technology ads that you might be interested in...
A leading MEdical Polyclinic based in Dubai is looking to hire a Female Medical Laboratory Technician . DEsired Candidate should have a valid DHA License […]April 23, 2015
712 total views, 0 today
Amateur Photographer With A Knowledge In Photoshop apply for this vacancy.April 10, 2015
863 total views, 0 today
A leading Medical Polyclinic based in Dubai is looking to hire a Female Medical Xray Technologist / Xray Technicians/ Xray Radiologist/ Xray Radiographer/ XRay RAdiologic […]April 23, 2015
747 total views, 1 today